It’s always hard to bear the loss of a loved one. Losing someone whom you had cherished and treasured even makes you question your own existence in the world. It is difficult to overcome the grief of losing them and you tend to lose the meaning and purpose of your life. This is when quotes about losing a loved one can give you some strength.
30 Quotes on the Loss of a Loved One
It is in this phase of your life when words have the power to heal you, and as said, quotes for the death of loved ones could change your outlook and give your life a new perspective. Here are some of the most powerful and profound quotes about losing a loved one. Hope these sentences can help you.
1. Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.” ― Jack Thorne
This is a very powerful thought and it could help immensely you when you realize that even though you can’t see them, your loved one will always be alive in your memories and in your heart. We find that even if death separates us from them, the love and memories we shared still remains alive always.
2. What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; all that we love deeply becomes a part of us. – Helen Keller
Here, Helen Keller aptly defines how a loved one, even though no more alive, remains a part of us. This is always based on the deep and abiding love that one had towards the loved one. This will always get embedded within us, despite the loss of the loved one. The days that we spent with them creating those beautiful memories hence will forever live in our hearts.
3. We never truly get over a loss, but we can move forward and evolve from it.—Elizabeth Berrien
This encourages us to take the pain of losing someone and channel it into making something useful out of it. Once we are done grieving over the loss of a loved one this will give us the courage to evolve and forget about the pain it caused.
4. Remember that people are only guests in your story – the same way you are only a guest in theirs – so make the chapters worth reading.” ― Lauren Klarfeld
We should treasure each moment spent with the loved one instead of mourning over our loss. Make every moment count so that when one day they are no more, you can still live on with the memories you both once created in the days they were alive. Make every chapter of your life with your loved ones always cherishable.
5. To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” ― Thomas Campbell
This explains how our loved ones and their memories will remain forever in our hearts even after their death. A great number of our loved ones make us who we are and even if one day they will be no more at least they will have positively created an impact that we will carry for years in our hearts.
6. Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.—Emily Dickinson
A beautiful aspect of being loved is always being immortal in the heart of your loved ones. There is nothing in this world that could take away the feelings and emotions we have for the departed nor can it take away the love we have for them. Even death can never take away the love we shared with our long-gone loved ones.
7. “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”― Richard Puz
This explains how death can break your heart and leave an ache in your soul as your beloved has left, leaving only the love you shared. It will leave memories that will remain with you for eternity which death cannot steal. Love will always conquer all.
8. Death is never an end, but a To Be Continued” ― Renée Chae
It makes separation from your loved one seem semi-permanent because of the belief that definitely one day you will surely meet. Most cultures believe that when a loved one has passed away he or she is definitely resting and that one day they will be reunited with their loved ones in the next world.
9. It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.”– George S. Patton Jr
We should be thankful that our loved ones with their unique heart and mind ever existed. We should never grieve them for long but thank the Almighty for the impact they created on us, based on the unique characters they had.
10. Death – the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.”– Sir Walter Scott
Death should be seen as a new beginning instead of an end as we all see it. Most people get devastated when they lose a loved one but they should always take it positively because death is sudden and it should be seen as a new awakening to the passed.
11. “Grief, no matter how you try to cater to its wail, has a way fading away.”-V.C.Andrews.
There will come a time in the near future when you will be healed from the loss of your loved one. There comes a point whereby you will be required to move on with your life without the existence of your loved one. Time will reach a point where you will have to accept your loved one is no more with you.
12. Grief is in two parts. The first is the loss. The second is the remaking of life. – Anne Roiphe
Grief will someday lead us to make a new life for ourselves. Grief will always guide us through learning to live in this world on our own without the presence of the loved one and move on with our lives without them.
13. “After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – Albus Dumbledore
We should train our minds to accept death and not be scared of it. Death can catch up with anyone and we should learn to accept the loss of a loved one. Death always comes to steal away the most precious people we hold close but we should be grateful and wait for what awaits us in the future without them around.
14. Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.” ― Jonathan Harnisch
We wish to say goodbye and let them know how much we loved them but sadly we do not always get the chance to. This is because death comes to steal and it never lets us say our goodbyes to our loved ones. Hence it is better to live in the present and enjoy every moment of life with full liveliness.
15. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form —Rumi
Your life will find another purpose to live on without your loved one. You might be able to meet new people who might actually act as a replacement to the one you lost making you whole again. Do not grieve for a longer period of time, always learn to accept what has happened and move on with your life in a normal way.
We hope these quotes about the death of loved ones help you to overcome your grief and start your life anew without your loved one. Sometimes, it's easier to deal with pain if you write about your very own quotes about losing a loved one. So don’t hesitate to pen down your thoughts. Let’s hope everyone can see the new dawn on the horizon after a tragic loss.